Today was our little Yorkshire Terrier, Logie's birthday. He is eight years old. He is the most precious loved animal in our world, as well as the face of Wennie's Affairs. Every year Keith bakes our special dog friendly liver cake recipe for him and every year he loves it. Your four legged friend will also love it and and you will have your pooch eating out of your hand, literally. We used it to house train Logie as well, and whilst his splendid behaviour is not just on account of the liver cake, we like to think that it helped. Be aware though, whilst preparing it it will not smell great as it's liver. You can use any type of liver, although we recommend ox or pork liver.
Christmas is a particularly menacing time of the year for pets unfortunately. However, our canine friendly cake is an excellent treat for our special friends. Human foods filled with indigestible fats and salts will never be good for our furry mates. Also bear in mind the perils of chocolate, grapes, raisins and onions. All of which are a no, no always, not just at Christmas.
Happy Birthday Logie. We love you my Boy.
- 400g Wholegrain flour, sifted
- 2 heaped tsps Baking powder
- 450g Liver chopped, any kind but we used pigs
- 3 Eggs
- 150ml Milk
- A pinch of salt
- 4 Cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C or gas mark 5.
- Add the liver, eggs,milk and olive oil into a large mixing bowl.
- Use a hand blender until the mixture resembles a thick paste.
- Add the flour and baking powder and mix into a dough.
- Add a little milk until you get consistency where the dough drops off the spoon.
- Pour into a greased baking tray and spread evenly.
- Bake for 35 minutes
- Allow to cool before allowing your pet a nibble.